Frequently Asked Questions

  • Will I have to pay for my care?
Whether or not you have to pay for your care, or the cost of your cost is provided by the local authority, depends on your personal circumstances. If you have a social worker, you should discuss the cost of your care with them and they will be able to advise you on whether you will need to pay for your care privately; whether you will have to pay something towards the cost of your care; or whether the full cost of your care will be covered by the local authority. If you do not have a social worker, you should call the Adult Social Services Team at your local authority and discuss your personal situation and circumstances with them. Your local GoldLeaf branch will be able to provide you with the contact details you need.
  • When will the service start?

Our service will start once we have completed a home visit and detailed assessment with you, during this assessment we will discuss the service required and details to create a person-centred care plan, discuss costs (if privately funded), and agree on a service start date.

  • Can I cancel the service at any time?

Yes, you can cancel the service at any time giving sufficient notice as detailed in the statement of terms supplied to you with your contract paperwork.

  • Will I be safe having someone in my home?

All our staff are checked via the Disclosure & Barring System (DBS) and go through a rigorous vetting procedure and full training with GoldLeaf before they are able to start work with us. All our home care staff will be in uniform and carry ID badges with them at all times, which contains their name, photo, and our company CQC reference number. If you are in any doubt, DO NOT let them in and please call the office/out of hours number to confirm. Our support workers providing supported living or complex care also carry ID badges, but will not usually be in a uniform, unless specifically requested by our client.

  • What if I want to make changes to my care plan or times or days of calls?

We understand people’s needs change and we conduct regular client reviews to ensure the service is meeting your needs. If you would like to make any changes to your care plan or cancel/change times of calls, please contact the office to discuss this.

  • How do I pay for the service if privately funded?

You will receive a monthly invoice and can pay by cash, cheque, bank transfer or card payment by calling the office.